Wednesday, August 30

And here's to you, Mrs. Marigold (she's no longer a liberated woman)

I know, I know. What manner of madness is this that has me posting two days in a row? It's nothing short of miraculous.

I prefer not to think of this photo as fuzzy, but rather, as helping to create a mood or affect. It's the FO-photo equivalent of a Monet.

100_1073

Pattern: Ms. Marigold
Yarn: Well, I "misplaced" the ball band, but it was a 50/50 wool-cotton blend from Anny Blatt. I have a feeling this yarn might not exist anymore? It's very much like the Rowan variety, though. Really spectacular to knit with (my stitches could do no wrong in this yarn). I used 3 of the teal, 1 of the purple (I picked these up for $2 a pop at a monster sale last year. I'm glad I was finally able to use them), and about half a ball of Rowan Calmer (also gotten at said sale) for the ribbing and ruffles since I completely ran out of the Anny Blatt stuff. Which is great because, even though the purples don't quite match, it means I was quite successful in using up stash.
Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm) Addi turbos
Notes: I pretty much knit this puppy as is. I crocheted two fewer rows on the ruffles, because they were flamboyant enough. I also added 2-2.5 inches to the length. Other than that, nada.

19 Comments:

Blogger Thea said...

adorable - and it's a pattern I haven't seen before!
I love the colors and the ruffles...

6:19 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger amylovie said...

She looks marvelous on you

6:34 PM, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Chele said...

Sooo cute and flattering! :)

10:29 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

I love everything about this! You look amazing...Ms. Marigold is stunning!

Ruinwen
:)

5:40 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger bradyphrenia said...

very cute! i like everyone else's ms. marigolds so much more than i liked mine. :-(

10:55 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's very cute - I haven't seen a stripey one before. Cool colors.

11:30 AM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous sarah said...

this is my favorite yet!!! i love how creative you got with the colors and the striping, it's smashing! well done!

8:47 PM, September 04, 2006  
Anonymous Rachel said...

Sare sent me over.... and she's right! Your MM is so so cute! Way to go. Do you mind if we post you on the zephyr blog?

9:07 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger jillian said...

Your Marigold came out so well. The fit is perfect and I love the stripes. Way to stashbust!

5:44 PM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Sandra said...

your marigold is amazing! i LOVE the stripes!!!!!!!!

8:37 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Very nice! those stripes are too cute.

9:14 PM, September 14, 2006  
Anonymous Michelle said...

very nice!! love it!!

10:40 PM, September 18, 2006  
Anonymous domesticat said...

really cute! love the colors!

1:24 PM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Gail said...

That is an awesome Ms. Marigold. love, love, love it.

12:16 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Bad Amy said...

Ms. Marigold is so incredibly cute!

2:00 PM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger iSeL said...

Very pretty and great fit. Love the combination of colors.

11:58 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger flutter said...

That is just gorgeous, the fit is perfect for you

5:32 PM, February 17, 2007  
Blogger Elena said...

How're you doing? Have added you to my bloglines and hoping for something new to pop up from here ;)

12:02 PM, May 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

9:54 AM, November 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home